Photo by Anne Fishbein
Chef Fergus Henderson is the author of a book called “The Whole Beast: Nose to Tail Eating.”
It's delicious if you are willing to take a new look at an unobserved food category. The book is all about using the less sought-after and out of the ordinary parts of the animal to make remarkably simple and delicious dishes.
Here is his recipe for Roasted Bone Marrow.
• Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
• Place the marrow bones upright in either a heavy sautée pan or a roasting pan.
• Roast the marrow bones in 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
• Remove marrow bones from oven and place on serving platter.
• I prefer to grill the bread and drizzle it with a little good truffle or olive oil.