Sunday, October 31, 2010
I bought a pizza crust at Fresh Market for $1.50 and it was so worth it as I did not have time to make my own.
This pizza serves one and believe me, I wasn’t sharing mine with anyone. I loved the pears and would definitely make this pizza again.
Arugula with a base of sweet caramelized onions… add salty prosciutto and provolone cheese and you have one great pizza.
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 2 cups vertically sliced Oso Sweet or other sweet onion
• 1 (12-ounce) prebaked pizza crust
• 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
• 1 small pear, thinly sliced
• 2 ounces prosciutto, cut into thin strips
• Dash of freshly ground black pepper
• 1 1/2 cups baby arugula leaves
• 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar and olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Uncover and cook 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
3. Place pizza crust on a baking sheet. Top evenly with onion mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Top evenly with pear and prosciutto. Sprinkle with pepper. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until cheese melts. Place arugula in a medium bowl. Drizzle vinegar and oil over greens; toss gently to coat. Top pizza evenly with arugula mixture.
Posted by Susan York at 7:23 PM