Sunday, October 31, 2010
This is an impressive and inexpensive snack for any cocktail party and sure to please the crowds.
They are so good, I like them without the dip.
Potato Crisps with Chive-Sour Cream Dip
1. 3 cups canola oil
2. Thick peelings from 3 pounds of Yukon Gold or russet potatoes (roughly 1-by-3-inch strips)
3. Kosher salt
4. 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
5. 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
6. 2 tablespoons snipped chives
7. Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large saucepan over moderately high heat, heat the oil to 360°. Fry the potato skins in batches, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes per batch. Using a slotted spoon, transfer each batch of potato strips to paper towels to drain, then sprinkle with salt immediately.
2. Transfer the potato strips to a baking sheet and sprinkle them with the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes, just until the cheese is melted. Let the crisps cool, then transfer to a bowl.
3. In a blender or processor, puree the sour cream with the chives and a pinch of salt and pepper until the chives are finely chopped. Transfer the dip to a bowl and serve alongside the potato crisps.
Posted by Susan York at 7:35 PM