Sunday, October 25, 2009
I love this place. Not only are their Mojtos the best, but they also have a drink called lookbetternaked Margarita that is a tasty mix using some of the best reposado tequila. The a la carte menu offers the El Corazon, a trio of Mango, Ginger-Habanero and Mojito Martinis with a sampling of ceviches.
I had dinner there last time and the food was remarkable but so are appetizers that are a mix of taco flights, small plates, and other brilliant offerings. 325 West Huron, Chicago 312-664-2727
The Look Better Naked Margarita, created by Adam Seger of the National 27 Restaurant in Chicago, is designed to be a healthier cocktail option. The majority of the ingredients are either organic, fresh or both and their paired with one great tequila.
· Sambazon Organic Acai- berry juice filled with antioxidants and healthy omega fats
· Agave Nectar- alternative to sugar syrups with fewer calories but all the sweetness
· Rosemary- rich in Vitamin E to help prevent cancer and skin damage
· Organic Egg White- full source of protein
· Fresh Lime Juice- filled with Vitamin C and helps prevent heart disease
· 11/2 oz Partida Estate Reposado Tequila
· 1/2 oz Samazon Pure Organic Acai
· 3/4 oz Partida Organic Agave Nectar
· 4" sprig rosemary (top inch reserved for garnish)
· 1/2 oz organic egg white
· 1 lime, fresh squeezed
· organic salt for rimming
· fresh, cracked organic green peppercorns for rimming
1. Rim a 10 ounce cocktail glass with equal parts organic salt and fresh cracked organic green peppercorns.
2. Remove rosemary leaves from the woody stem and muddle in a 16 ounce pint glass until aromatic.
3. Add the liquid ingredients and transfer to a cocktail shaker.
4. Shake vigorously until the shaker is frosted.
5. Strain into the chilled, rimmed glass.
6. Float a 1" rosemary sprig on top.
Posted by Susan York at 7:34 PM