Here are some great smoothie recipes to start out your morning. Since I did the detox, I sampled several that I would never have considered trying a month ago. These two are really good and offer some variety to your growing list of smoothie recipes.
My goal? To go an entire month without drinking the same one.
• 12 ounces blackberries (3 cups)
• 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
• 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 1 pinch ground cardamom
Blend ingredients in a blender on high speed until smooth.
Strawberry-Banana Tofu Shake
• 1 package (10 ounces) frozen, unsweetened strawberries, thawed
• 1 cup plain soymilk
• 1 small ripe banana, peeled and sliced
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1 package (12 ounces) silken tofu, soft, drained
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• Pinch of salt
1. In a blender, puree berries until smooth. Remove, and rinse blender.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients in the blender.
3. Puree until smooth and thoroughly mixed, scraping down sides with rubber spatula as necessary.
4. Divide among glasses and spoon strawberry puree on one side of each glass. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator. If refrigerating, whisk to recombine just before serving.