Friday, May 7, 2010
I have always loved the taste of plums and they are a good source of Vitamim C, Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Potassium and dietary fiber.
There are few fruits that come in such a range of colors. The season starts in May and runs through October.
You’ll also like the variety of fruits in this salad. I often eat it as a main dish and enjoy it with a slice of crusty bread. Serves 4
• 3 tablespoons light-brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, (from 1 lime)
• 3 purple or red plums (about 12 ounces), halved, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 2 cups seedless red grapes
• 1 pint blackberries
• 1/2 pint blueberries
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
1. In a large bowl, stir together sugar and lime juice. Let stand 10 minutes for sugar to dissolve.
2. Add plums, grapes, blackberries, blueberries, and mint; toss to combine. Refrigerate up to 1 day. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Posted by Susan York at 9:02 PM