Friday, May 7, 2010
I not only put them in salads and smoothies but I also love fresh blueberry pie. Guests love this recipe and I frequently top it with just a little Cool Whip or vanilla ice cream.
• 3/4 cup white sugar
• 3 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 4 cups fresh blueberries
• 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
• 1 tablespoon butter
• Sea Salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over blueberries.
3. Line pie dish with one pie crust. Pour berry mixture into the crust, and dot with butter. Cut remaining pastry into 1/2 - 3/4 inch wide strips, and make lattice top. Crimp and flute edges. Sprinkle with sea salt.
4. Bake pie on lower shelf of oven for about 50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Posted by Susan York at 9:08 PM