Saturday, July 3, 2010
You’ll love the extra spice that the chipotle chili butter gives your corn.
Toss your ears on the grill before you butter them to get a quick char and even deeper flavor. I have also used my indoor grill and it worked just fine for the char effect.
This chili butter can also be used on steak or lobster for a variation of flavor. It also keeps in the refrigerator and I keep it on hand to quickly add spice to grilled meats in the summer.
• 3/4 stick unsalted butter, softened
• 1/4 cup minced scallions (2 to 3)
• 1 tablespoon minced seeded canned chipotle chiles in adobo
• 1/4 teaspoon grated lime zest
• 6 large ears of corn, shucked and halved
Stir together butter, scallions, chipotles, zest, and rounded 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
Cook corn in a large pot of boiling water until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer with tongs to butter mixture and toss. Toss on the grill to finish off.
Posted by Susan York at 8:15 PM